Precast Concrete is form of concrete that is already prepared, cast and cured off site. its precast construction is an alternative to cast-in-situ concrete. Precast concrete is simply concrete that is cast somewhere place other than where it will be used in construction place. Most of precast concrete products are cast in factories warehouses usin a wet cast method.
Precast Concrete Construction Process Method Building Setup
Precast concrete products is used within exterior and interior walls mostly. By producing precast concrete in a controlled environment with proper cure and be closely monitored by staff. Using a precast concrete system offers many potential advantages over onsite casting. here we discussed advantages and disadvantages here. Precast concrete elements can be joined to other elements to form a complete structure. these type of structural components used in wall panels, beams, columns, floors, staircases and tunnels. It’s important to note that not all precast concrete construction is prestressed with cable reinforcement all time.
Precast concrete materials help you maximize your project’s potential , saves much time while making sure it is completed on time. Precast concrete construction tends to be less expensive and more timely than the standard concrete pouring process. Precast concrete is specifically designed and made to have a significantly high span-to-depth ratio that allows it to bear loads better, thus, reducing the need for additional columns and supports within the internal structure of a building.
Precast concrete production can be performed on ground level place, which helps with safety throughout a project. The main advantages of precast technology are quality, speed and value for money. budget friendly and purely ecomonical. reports says that, It can help in time savings of up to 64% compared to similar projects using normal traditional construction methods. Flyash bricks or Red brick and-mortar method takes one year to complete, the precast method can take about four months to setup very speed manner. durability is one of the key characteristics of concrete construction. Precast concrete products arrive on site completely customized and ready for fast installation with structure design.
- Precast Concrete Constructions used to make beam, columns, floor slabs, structural foundations for buildings as per designs
- To make exterior alls or cladding panles for buildings.
- To develop infra-structure projects, elements such as bridge spans, metro line are often precast in casting yards.
- easy to mould any shape structure. it can also be used to create one off. unusual froms.
Concept: Precast/ Prefabricated construction includes those buildings where the majority of structural components are standardized and produced in plants in a location away from the building, and then transported to the site for assembly.
PRECAST CONCRETE STRUCTURES
Parking Structures: Precast Material for Parking Spaces. In parking structure design, durability, economy and installation are three key points of consideration, which is why precast concrete is usually the building material of choice.
Bridges: Regardless of the size of the bridge, precast concrete gives engineers the ability to create a structure that blends in with the environment and is compatible with any historical surroundings.
Sound Walls: In urban areas, sound walls are erected as a noise barrier between highways and communities. Using precast concrete for these structures can cut noise pollution up to 50 percent report says
Foundations: Precast concrete is used to create entire buildings. it may still be used for the foundation. Many residential homes and other buildings have precast concrete foundations, regardless of what is used for walls and floors in the rest of the building.
Retaining Walls: Many precast concrete retaining systems include segmental retaining wall (SRW) products, large precast modular blocks (PMB), mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) face panels, crib walls, cantilever walls and post-and-panel systems
PRECAST CONCRETE BUILDINGS
Hospitals, Primary Health Care centers and Medical Centers: For many of the same reasons precast concrete is preferred for multi-unit housing, it also provides a strong foundation for hospitals and medical centers.
Schools: Precast concrete makes school construction a breeze. With faster turnaround times from start to finish, precast concrete will keep your project on target.
Office Buildings: The unique characteristics of precast concrete products allow for unique building designs that are attractive and functional. best suitable as per the design plan more spacious
Question: Why Precast technology is important for construction?
Depending on the load-bearing structure, precast systems described can be divided into the following categories:
• Large-panel systems
• Frame systems
• Slab-column systems with walls
• Mixed systems
Advantages of Pre Concrete Construction
- Precast concrete blocks are environmentally friendly and can be help easy attach. Precast structures can be dismantled and used elsewhere. reusable products and suitable for any type of construction structure.
- The Precast concrete used to create models is more likely to be superior quality because the concrete is created and poured in controlled environment.
- Quality can be controlled and monitored much more easily
- Long-span systems can adapt to changing client needs, maximizing the versatility of use.
- comparing with other type construction, it takes less labor is required and that labor can be less skilled
- The transport and storage of the equipment need for standard concrete pouring.
- Accelerated cement curing, by heating the precast parts, greatly increases strength gain, reducing the time period between casting the part and putting it into service
- Precast concrete panels can offer architectural detail for more affordable price and budget friend design as per structure model.
- Eco-Friendly, Precast concrete leads to thermal efficiency.
- On Constructed site, precast can be installed immediately, there is no waiting for it to gain strength to increase and the modularity of precast products makes installation go quickly faster mode.
- Precast concrete structures provide superior resistance to fires, natural disasters, insects and mold. Like no other building material
Disadvantages of Precast Concrete Construction
- For PCC models, Transportation is main drawback. precast panels are more vulnerable to damage during shipping to the construction site. If we failed to transportation safe handled, the precast units can be damaged, additionally, it is necessary to locate the precast factors in order to economy.
- High Transportation and handling charges in cost manner.
- Need highly special equipment for lifting and moving the precast units is necessary. This can be an added expense to the project site.
Check Out Related Video Here:
For more Civil Works, Construction Details, Concrete Material stuff stay tuned to House Designs. Follow us on Social media. We are on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter too. More Designs Interior Ideas Follow – House Interior Designs Our owned Blog.